The BladePad-Virtual Sticks Might Have Met Their Match
While doing my usual morning websurfing I found a link to a awesome article about a new peripheral for your iPhone. The Bladepad from Bladepad LLC has started looking for funding via Kickstarter for their combo Bluetooth gamepad/case.
Their Kickstarter page lists some of the specs and features of the control pad, here are some of them below:
– Dual Analog Sticks
– Full Console Controller Button Layout (D-pad, ABXY buttons, Start, Select, L1, L2, R1, R2)
– Full Back-Lighting (D-pad, Analogs sticks, ABXY buttons) that can be turned on or off during gameplay
– Premium Protective Case, which features a completely smooth back (no awkward bumps or raises)
– Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Connection
– Micro USB Charging Port
– Dual Charging Cable; Charge both your iPhone and Bladepad at the same time! (Plug the standard USB end into a power source and the other end of the cord splits into a standard 30 pin charger for your iPhone and a micro USB for Bladepad)
As of today they are at around 11k or their 55k goal. With a deadline of August 26th they are going to need a bunch of help getting the word out. Having harped on how awful virtual sticks are and how they are killing the viability of the mobile gaming space, I really hope they succeed in getting to their goals.
I also wonder how many devs will jump on board if they see this add-on gaining momentum. It would be great to see what they could do with a “real” way to control games.
What do you think of this project? Would you back it? Let us know in the comments below and spread the word. Here is there Twitter Account[y=h5PsvbTn4wQ height=400]